Vermi wash an effective bio-pesticide
VERMI WASH is the liquid fertilizer collected after the passage of water through a column of worm culture. It is very useful as a foliar spray.
Vermiwash, a liquid fertilizer collected after the passage of water through a column of worm activation is very useful as a foliar spray. It is a collection of excretory products and excess secretions of earthworms along with micronutrients from soil organic molecules. It contains plant growth hormones like auxins and cytokinin apart from nitrogen, phosphorus, potash and other micro nutrients. It contains nitrogen fixing bacteria like Azotobacter sp., Arobactericum sp. and Rhizobium sp. and some phosphate solublizing bacteria. It acts as a plant tonic and helps to reduce many plant diseases.
Benefits of Vermiwash Empowering Indian 4 Vermiwash acts as a plant tonic and helps to reduce many plant diseases. A mixture of Vermiwash (1litre) with cow urine (1litre) in 10 liters of water acts as bio-pesticides and liquid manure.
- Increases the rate of photo synthesis in crop / plant.
- Increases the number of micro-organisms in the soil.
- Increases the crop yield.
- Increases the resistance to pest and diseases.
- Increases the rate of decomposition of compost.
The composition of Vermi wash is as follow:
pH 7.48 ± 0.03
Organic carbon% 0.008 ± 0.001
Nitrogen% 0.01 ± 0.005
Phosphorous% 1.69 ± 0.05
Potassium (ppm) 25 ± 2.
Micro-nutrients in Vermi compost.
- Nutrient Quantity (ppm) 1.
- Sodium 8 ± 1 2.
- Calcium 3 ± 1 3.
- Copper 0.01 ± 0.001 4.
- Ferrous 0.06 ± 0.001 5.
- Magnesium 158.44 ± 23.42 6.
- Manganese 0.58 ± 0.040 7.
- Zinc 0.02 ± 0.001
Dosage for Usedip.
• The seedlings before transplanting are dipped in Vermiwash solution which is diluted 5 times with water for 15-20 minutes and then transplanted. Similarly the cuttings can also be dipped in the solution. Foliar spray
• Vermiwash is diluted in water 5 times and sprayed on the foliage of crops. It provides the plant with vital nutrients but also helps to control plant disease. Soil drench
• Vermiwash is diluted 10 times with water and the soil is drenched with the solution to prevent some of the soil borne pathogens.